I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, April 2, 2012

Easy Gluten-Free Chicken Breast Recipe

It's hard to find a chicken breast recipe that I like, but this one is simple and quick. It takes no preparation. Just prep it in minutes, pop it in the oven, and wait for it to cook.

When buying frozen chicken breasts, as always, read the labels. Some frozen or packaged chicken is treated with broth which may not be gluten-free. So be wary of that.

Anyway, here's my easy-cheesy-lemon-squeezy recipe for chicken breasts:

Ingredients:

  • frozen chicken breasts (careful not to cook too many at once--four is about right for a family of four)
  • olive oil
  • garlic powder
  • onion powder
  • salt
  • California seasoning blend (mine is Kroger brand--but McCormick has a number of GF seasonings)


Directions:
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees (F). Use a basting brush to coat the bottom of a casserole dish with olive oil.
2. Place the breasts in the casserole dish. Don't pile them on top of one another, as it takes longer for them to cook thoroughly that way. Instead, just line them up side by side.
3. Baste each chicken breast with a coating of olive oil on top.
4. Sprinkle all seasonings on top, going easy on the garlic.
5. Bake for one hour or until all pinkness is gone from the meat.
6. Garnish with a slice of lemon.

This chicken recipe goes great with my "Spanish Potatoes", which I'll post next week. Corn is also a yummy side dish. You can also see I had a glass of strawberry lemonade with this dinner. (It was posted last week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment