I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, March 26, 2012

Strawberry Lemonade Recipe--Gluten-Free and Great Fun for Kids!

This is so simple, I can't believe I'm even bothering to post it. But I've had people ask me, "How do you make that?" So here I am, showing everyone how easy it is.

INGREDIENTS:
1 pkg. frozen strawberries
1 pkg. gluten-free frozen lemonade concentrate
water

DIRECTIONS:
Read the ingredients list on your frozen concentrated lemonade to make sure it's truly gluten-free, but honestly, I have yet to discover a brand that isn't. Again (like I said in last week's post) though, give people a chance to contaminate your food and voila! It happens at the snap of your granny's leathery fingers.

Once you've determined that the lemonade is fine, just mix it according to the package directions and plop about four or five strawberries in there with it. Let it sit for 20 minutes until the strawberries start to thaw.

Put some ice in your glass before you pour the strawberry lemonade into your glass, so it's nice and chilled.

That's it. Simple as can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment