I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, April 30, 2012

Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe

Recently a fellow GF-mom asked me for my GF chocolate chip cookie recipe. (How flattering, right?) Well this is my favorite one. It was given to me by a good friend. I don't know if she ran across it online or saw it in a magazine or what, but she wrote it down on a 3x5 card and handed it to me--and I'm SO glad she did, because we love it!

Ingredients:
2 eggs
1/2 cup margarine or butter
1 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 box Jell-o vanilla instant pudding mix (don't add anything to it--just the powdery stuff is what you want)
1 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch four
12 oz. bag of GF chocolate chips
pecans or walnuts, if you like

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Leave your butter or margarine out until soft. Mix butter or margarine with sugar and vanilla pudding mix. Add eggs. Mix flours separately. Then add the flours to the wet ingredients. Mix thoroughly with a stand mixer. Hand-stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded teaspoon-fuls onto a parchment-covered cookie sheet. Bake for 9-10 minutes.

As with all GF cookies, let them sit for a while before you remove them from the cookie sheet, because otherwise they'll crumble. Most GF cookies are fragile when they're warm. It has something to do with the nature of rice flour, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment