I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, July 9, 2012

Gluten-Free Sweet and Sour Sauce (GF)

I've been looking for a decent GF sweet and sour sauce recipe for a while, when I ran across this one through a fellow teacher. (Thank you Mrs. Howard!)

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. corn starch
4 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tsp. soy sauce (we use Tamari sauce--other brands are not GF)
20 oz. can pineapple

Directions:
Drain syrup off of a 20 oz. can of chunk pineapple. Add water to syrup to make 1 cup liquid. add all other ingredients. Cook on medium-low heat until mixture thickens. Stir constantly to avoid sticking.

This can be used over barbecued chicken as a baster. You can drizzle it over friend meats and veggies to make a rice topper. Whatever you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment