I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, October 24, 2011

Lunchbox Surprises: A Gluten-Free School Lunch that Sticks With You

I like to offer a number of different surprises in my gluten-free kid's lunchbox. One is what we call...

Stick Day!
2 mazarella cheese sticks
2 cheddar cheese sticks
2 Old Wisconsin pepperoni sticks
2 celery sticks
2 carrot sticks
a small container of Glutino gluten-free breadsticks
2 Yoplait Go-Gurts

Yes! These items are all gluten-free, and they make eating lunch fun, when they all show up in my kid's lunchbox on the same day, for Stick Day.

Last time I checked, Otter Pops were also gluten-free, and they make a nice substitute for juice in a lunchbox. I haven't looked into that in quite a while though, so read labels before you add that stick to your stick collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment