I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, October 10, 2011

GF Pesto Pasta with Chicken

Ingredients:
·        1 (16 ounce) package gluten-free spiral pasta
·        1 teaspoon olive oil
·        2 cloves garlic, minced
·        2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
·        crushed red pepper flakes to taste
·        1/3 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and cut into strips (always check labels to make sure it’s GF)
·        1/2 cup pesto sauce


Directions:
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté garlic until tender, then stir in chicken. Season with red pepper flakes. Cook until chicken is golden, and cooked through. In a large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and pesto. Toss to coat evenly.

No comments:

Post a Comment