I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, September 19, 2011

Gluten Free Jalapeño Poppers--A Recipe to Add Zzzzing to Your Life!

Ingredients
Directions
·        Cut stems off of peppers and cut them all in half longways.
·        Remove seeds from peppers.
·        Fill each pepper with cream cheese and sprinkle cheddar cheese on top.
·        Wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around each pepper half and secure it there with a toothpick.
·        Place on baking sheets and place in 450 degree oven for 10 to 15 minutes or until bacon is fully cooked.
·        Remove and serve when cooled.

This makes quite a large number of poppers (50), but if you remember the days before you lived gluten-free, those frozen poppers usually came in a package of 15 to 20, right? And you never seemed to get enough to fill you up. So if you're bringing this treat to a pot luck, you'll want to follow this oversized recipe, to make sure everyone gets their fill. If, however, you're just including poppers as a side dish at meal time, then I'd cut the recipe in half or even thirds.

I use this recipe for pot lucks, but I always warn people that poppers can be HOT.

It is possible to make this recipe with milder peppers, so younger kids will want to eat them. The trick to keeping a pepper mild is this: remove all seeds. I'm told that's where the heat comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment