I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, September 12, 2011

Gluten-Free Curry Chicken & Broccoli Casserole Even Your Kids Will LOVE!

Ingredients:
2 frozen chicken breasts
½ cup grated cheddar cheese
½ cup sour cream
12 oz. pkg. of frozen broccoli florets
½ cup GF cream of mushroom soup*
1 tsp. GF curry powder**

Instructions:
1.    Boil chicken breasts until cooked through. Cut into ½ inch cubes.
2.    In a mixing bowl, combine cheddar cheese, sour cream, cream of mushroom soup, and curry powder.
3.    Use a GF spray cooking oil (or butter or Crisco) to lightly grease the bottom of a 9X11-inch casserole dish.
4.    Line the bottom of the casserole dish with cubed chicken. Then spread frozen broccoli over the chicken.
5.    Top the whole thing off with the creamy curry mixture.
6.    Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 25-30 minutes, until casserole mixture is bubbling.

* I use Pacific Natural Foods organic condensed cream of mushroom soup, which can be found in health food stores and some regular grocery stores (in the health food section).
** Be aware that imported spices do not have to follow US guidelines. McCormick spice company, I understand, is a trusted company, meaning that they clearly label any gluten ingredients on their products.

Double this recipe to use it as a main dish, feeding a family of four, or keep it as is, for a side dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment