I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, September 5, 2011

Gluten-Free Banana Pecan Muffin Recipe--A Great Snack When Monkeying Around

If your kiddo is allergic to nuts, just opt to bake these muffins without the nuts. You can still have loads of fun monkeying around!

Dry Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Sorghum Flour
1/2 Cup White Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Brown Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Corn Starch
2 tsp Xanthan Gum
1 tsp baking soda

Other Ingredients:
1/2 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Ripe Bananas
3 Tbs Milk
1 Cup chopped Pecans


In a medium bowl, mix dry ingredients. Whisk well to aerate the flours as they mix.

In a separate bowl, cream butter and sugar together. Add the eggs and bananas. Mix until bananas are well mashed. Add milk and flour. Mix until combined.

Fold in Pecans.

Fill muffin pan with liners. Scoop dough into liners to 2/3rds full.

Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes. For a decorative touch, once they’re cooled, sprinkle them with powdered sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment