I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, June 4, 2012

Gluten Free Pizza Topings

Look, I'm not gonna lie to you. I'm a working mom. I don't have time to bake a from-scratch GF pizza crust every time I want to make gluten-free pizza. I buy Udi's GF pizza crusts and keep them in my freezer until I'm ready for one of those dinners where you don't have to think very hard.

Here are the things I put on our pizzas, in various combinations:


  • Ragu pizza sauce
  • Hormel Canadian bacon
  • Hormel pepperoni slices (look on the label; you'll see it says GF)
  • canned pineapples
  • canned sliced olives
  • red onions
  • tomatoes
  • peppers
  • yellow onions
  • mushrooms
  • mozzarella cheese


Now I'm dairy-free, so I have to make our pizza half mozzarella and half SoySations lactose-free and gluten-free cheese substitute. Be warned, though, dairy-free people: SoySations Mozzarella Shreds contain casein, so they're not truly dairy-free. I seem to do okay with it though.

I suppose you already knew all those veggies were GF, but I remember that it took me a while to learn which pizza meats and tomato sauces are GF. So I posted this easy-to-make GF pizza plan, in the hope that I might be able to help out those who are just starting out on the gluten-free diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment