I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, May 14, 2012

Gluten-Free Teriyaki Marinade (I Use This for Deer Steaks and Wild Game)

Yes, my husband is the great white hunter. But what do you do with all that deer meat in the freezer? Teriyaki is the answer to your gamey-tasting meat. Saturate it in teriyaki sauce, and nobody will ever know it was venison.

Here's my mother-in-law's fantastic teriyaki marinade recipe, with a GF twist:

Ingredients:
1/2 cup Tamari GF soy sauce
1 clove garlic, minced
2 T. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
2 T. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice

Directions:
Combine all ingredients and mix well. If you want to use this stuff for something other than venison, it might be just as good on chicken, pork, or beef. We use it with all kinds of wild game though--deer, elk, goat, and even bear--and it takes the wild flavor out of the game meat.

I usually marinade the meat in the teriyaki in the fridge for 5-8 hours, then my husband barbecues the meat on the barbecue outside. It goes great with a side of plain white rice and some stir-fried veggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment