I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, May 21, 2012

GF Chicken Broccoli Casserole Recipe

I had to look back through old postings to realize this one had never been posted. I couldn't believe it. This is my "ol' stand-by" at home. If I'm too tired to cook anything special, I make this casserole dish and everyone just loves it.

Again, the recipe is my mother-in-law's, with just a few GF adaptations.

Ingredients:

  • 3 chicken breasts (frozen ones are fine, but read labels to make sure it's GF)
  • Pacific Natural Foods' GF condensed cream of chicken soup
  • 1/8 tsp. curry powder
  • dash of garlic (to taste)
  • 1 small package of frozen broccoli
  • 3/4 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese


Directions:
1. Boil chicken until cooked clear through. Set the broth aside for another recipe. (I usually freeze it like ice cubes. That way I can add it to soups and gravies a week or more later without it spoiling.)
2. Let chicken cool, then cut it into cubes.
3. In a mixing bowl, mix together garlic, curry powder, and GF cream of chicken soup. Fold in cubed chicken and cheese.
4. Coat the inside of a small casserole dish with cooking spray. Place the entire package of broccoli in the bottom of the casserole dish. Top with chicken/cheese/soup mixture.
5. Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 30 minutes (or until bubbly).

There are times when the broccoli leaves my casserole too moist. Try not to let too much ice get into the casserole dish with the frozen broccoli, or you may have the same problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment