I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, March 5, 2012

Creamy Jello Knox Blocks -- A fun, easy, GF dessert!

Again, this is one of my mother-in-law's recipes. My whole family loves it--even the folks who aren't on a GF diet.

INGREDIENTS:
1 six-ounce pkg. of Jello
1 three-ounce pkg. of Jello (same flavor)
2 pkgs. Knox unflavored gelatin (this is found in the baking aisle, near the Jello, but usually on a top shelf or away from all the other Jello products)
1 cup cream for whipping (not the same as whipped cream--this is thick cream that comes in a milk carton and says, "whipping cream" on it)
water

DIRECTIONS:
In a large, heatproof bowl, mix unflavored gelatin with Jello. Add 3 cups boiling water and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved (two minutes). Stir in whipping cream.

Pour the whole mixture into a 13x9 inch pan and chill until firm--about four hours. The cream will rise, chilling to form layers. To serve, cut it into squares or rectangles of desired shapes. Makes about 20-30 squares. (They go fast though--my kids LOVE these.)

If you're not allergic to strawberries, I recommend it for your first try. Everyone seems to like that flavor best. Our second favorite flavor of Jello for this recipe is orange. But you really can use it with any flavor of Jello.

No comments:

Post a Comment