I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, February 6, 2012

Gluten-Free Frito Chili Pie: an Easy Casserole Dish for Working Moms

Want something you can whip up in 30 minutes, right after work? Try this easy recipe for Frito Chili Pie. When you buy the canned chili, make sure it says gluten-free right on the label, because Hormel does make some chilis that aren't GF.

INGREDIENTS:
2 cans of Hormel GF Chili with Beans
1 cup of fritos (or two to three handfuls)
1/2 cup grated cheddar or Mex Mix cheese
cooking spray

DIRECTIONS:
Spray the bottom of your 8-in. casserole dish with cooking spray. Open the first can of chili and spread it at the bottom of the casserole dish. Crush the Fritos after measuring them. You want to lightly coat the chili with Fritos, so if you don't have quite enough after one cup, go ahead and grab another handful or so, until you've got a thin layer of Fritos in the middle of the dish.

Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top of this. Open the second can of chili and spread it over the top.

Heat your oven to 400 degrees F. and cook the casserole uncovered for 30 to 40 minutes. It's done when the chili starts to bubble pretty good around the edges.

Serve it with side dishes of extra Fritos, chopped onions (for those who like them), and a little chopped cilantro. YUM!

How easy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment