I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, February 20, 2012

A Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free Version of Ben & Jerry's Chubby Hubby Ice Cream

Since I've become gluten-free and dairy-free, I really got to where I missed my Ben & Jerry's. My favorite Ben & Jerry's ice cream was Chubby Hubby, and I can't find anything to substitute for it.

So I've come up with my own version. Here's what it takes to make it:

INGREDIENTS:
Purely Decadent "So Delicious" Chocolate Peanut Butter Swirl Non-Dairy Dessert from Turtle Mountain
Glutino Pretzels
Peanut M&Ms

DIRECTIONS:
You've got to let the chocolate peanut butter swirl "ice cream" sit out for a little bit, because it's way too hard to eat otherwise. Then use a fork to spork out bits of non-dairy dessert (i.e. "ice cream") into a small bowl. Crack pretzels in halves or quarters and toss in a few M&M's. Hide in your office/sewing room and devour this little beauty!

Lord, I think I'm going to have to go to the store after this posting, because my mouth is just watering like crazy while I write this...

Please note, though: M&Ms are not truly dairy-free, but they don't usually upset my stomach. If you really can't have any lactose at all, substitute for peanuts. I'm also guessing that Glutino pretzels may contain butter, so substitute for the other brands (I think EnerG might be dairy-free--check first).

No comments:

Post a Comment