I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Want Some Gluten-Free Lunchbox Ideas for Back-to-School? Here You Go:

I'm just going to list all kinds of goodies I put in my kiddo's lunchbox. Read labels on everything, because, for example, Yoplait yogurts say "gluten-free" on some of the labels, but not all. Some contain glutens. So be careful. Read labels every time!

I'm not suggesting you put all of these foods in your child's lunchbox at once, but here are some great GF treats for lunchboxes:

Glutino breadsticks
home-made muffins
Yoplait yogurts or Go-Gurts
Del Monte fruit cups/jello fruit cups
plain Jell-o cups
pudding cups
carrot sticks
celery sticks
peanut butter celery sticks
a can of Easy Cheese (but the bacon one has gluten)
Fritos
Lays Stax
cottage cheese
cheese sticks
Old Wisconsin beef sticks
Old Wisconsin summer sausage
Hormel Canadian bacon
Hormel pepperoni slices
K-Toos (Oreo-style cookies)
boiled eggs
deviled eggs
egg salad with crackers to spread it on
Cheetos
Juicy-Juice
Shasta sodas
raisins
yogurt-covered raisins
home-made trail mix
EnviroKids rice "granola" bars
bag of GF cereal
Fruity Pebble/Cocoa Pebble Treats
Popcorn
Popcorn balls made with Kraft marshmellows
Kraft colored mini-marshmellows
PB&J made on Glutino crackers
Jell-o Knox blocks
apple slices
Glutino pretzels or EnerG pretzels

I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment