I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Monday, November 21, 2011

Gluten-Free Nachos with Home-Made Guacamole Dip (Recipe)--Part 2

You know how to make the nachos now. You experimented with it last week, right? Here's the recipe for yummy guacamole dip that goes great with your party nachos:

Gluten-Free Guacamole Dip

Image: iClipart
Ingredients:
1-2 tbsp. fresh-squeezed lime juice (to taste)
1/4 tsp. salt
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, diced up finely
3 very ripe avacados
1/4 cup finely diced onions
1/8 tsp. chili powder (read label to make sure it's gluten-free)

Directions:
1. Peel, pit, and slice the avacados.
2. Put the slices in a small food processor and blend or mash them with a fork. Add lime and continue smooshing it until it has a pasty consistency.
3. Add all other ingredients and blend well.

Like I said, this is an ideal dip for nachos, but it's also yummy inside a Spanish omelet. It's great in tacos too. Buritos? Same thing. I've even put it on a baked potato, with tasty results.

The bummer about guacamole dip, is that it doesn't last very long. The lime helps keep it from turning brown, but if it sits in your fridge for more than 24 hours, it will look pretty icky. And we all know how children feel about eating something that looks bad. Not. Gonna. Happen. So use it up quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment