I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Sunday, May 1, 2016

Gluten-free French Dip Sandwiches

It's possible to make your own French bread for French dip sandwiches, and I know that Gluten-Free Pantry has a pretty good French bread mix. I'm told Gluten-Free Goddess' recipe is tasty too. It uses one of the Pamela's bread mixes, which are a favorite of mine.

But whenever we have French dip sandwiches, we like to buy Udi's Gluten-free Baguettes. They're a little spendy, but they make the best French dip sandwiches, in my opinion. They're sort of like those almost-cooked baguettes you can buy at the grocery store; all you have to do is stick 'em in the oven for a couple minutes and they're nicely browned.

I usually make French dip after baking a beef pot roast at home the night before. Slice the leftover pot roast as thin as possible. Fill a sauce pan 1/2 full with Swanson's gluten-free beef broth (read labels to make sure it's GF) and bring the broth to a boil. Add the sliced beef to the broth. Return it to a boil, but then reduce the heat and simmer it a couple of minutes with a lid on it.

When you set your table, give each person a little au jus bowl. Ladle out the broth into the au jus bowls and remove meat with tongs.

Cut baguettes length-wise, like hot dog buns. Place sliced meat inside. Individuals can then dip their hot sandwich in the au jus before eating.

Some additions that can make a French dip taste extra yummy:

  • Saute onions
  • Swiss cheese
  • Mustard
  • French fries

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chelly,

    Kudos to you for some awesome gluten free recipes. Celiac is something that is very tricky and you do an awesome job of providing flavorful delicious options. Anyways, I'm Polly and I work for SkinnyPop. It's nice to "meet" you. I'd love to work together with an upcoming post idea I think you might love.

    Please feel free to shoot me an e-mail if you're interested.

    Best,

    Polly

    ReplyDelete