I'm a working mom with 9 years experience raising a celiac kid. I have to eat dairy and gluten free, but my daughter only has to eat GF. I'm by no means an expert, but I'm happy to share a few of my cooking tips, school lunchbox ideas, and recipes with you. I'll be posting something new once a month.

If you're curious about me, visit my other sites (shown at the bottom of this page), where I have contact forms and About-the-Author pages.



Sunday, December 7, 2014

Gluten-Free Gingerbread Recipe for the Holidays

Image: iClipart
This is the gingerbread recipe that I use for my GF holiday gingerbread.

Wet Ingredients:
1/2 c. shortening
1/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 c. molasses
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 c. milk or soy milk

Dry Ingredients:
1 c. rice flour
1 c. potato starch flour
1/2 c. almond flour or amaranth flour or corn starch
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. xanthan gum

Final Touch:
powdered sugar


Beat all the "wet ingredients" together (which includes a few dry things, like salt and spices). In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients together until they're thoroughly mixed. Blend the two mixes until the batter is sort of cake-like (but a bit thicker than a gluten-containing cake would be).

Bake in a 9x13 inch greased pan at 350 F for 30 minutes. (I believe 350 F is approx. 175 C for those of you working with a metric oven.)

Once the gingerbread has cooled, sprinkle powdered sugar on top with a sifter, for the final touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment